Sports massage is a form of massage that was developed for people that are involved in sporting activities. It is used to help prevent injuries, to prepare the body for athletic activity and maintain it in optimal condition, and help athletes recover from workouts and injuries. *Many of these techniques are also incorporated into a remedial massage treatment.
HOWEVER, you DO NOT NEED TO BE AN ATHLETE TO BENEFIT FROM A SPORTS MASSAGE! Anyone who wants to move better, with less pain keep their body more flexibile and mobile should have regular sports style massage.
- Increased joint range of motion (ROM)
- Increased flexibility.
- Increased sense of well-being.
- Decreased muscle tension.
- Decreased neurological excitability (nerves more relaxed)
- Decreased muscle spasms.
- Better sleep.
- Improved circulation
- Improved performance through reduced muscle fatigue, allowing longer and harder workout sessions
*to book please choose remedial massage